Minimum Entry Requirements
If you are interested in joiningThe Dance Register, you will need to demonstrate:
- You are aged 18+
- You work in the UK, have the right to work in the UK, and could evidence this if needed
- You hold professional insurances for all dance teaching you undertake. This must include public liability insurance to a level of £5 million or above. If you do not hold your own insurance but are covered by your employer(s) for all teaching you undertake you are still eligible to join The Dance Register, as long as you provide appropriate insurance details valid for all your teaching activities – even if this is through multiple employers.
- If working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults, you possess an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Check carried out within the last three years
- You are committed to including your level of experience and/or qualifications on your Register profile
- You are committed to ongoing training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- You have a Health & Safety Policy in place and could evidence this if needed
You will also need to tell us whether you have completed basic first aid training in the last two years (not compulsory), and will be asked to sign up to The Dance Register’s Code of Professional Conduct.